2004 – 2015
10 x 59 or 10 x 76″
$1,500 – $3,000
Born in Pinar del Rio in Cuba in 1969, Ibrahim Miranda is a graduate of the Instituto Superior de Arte in Havana (1993) and of the National School of Visual Arts of Havana, where he has studied Printmaking (1988). After his printmaking studies, he began to work not only with graphic art and design, but also with other techniques such as painting and textiles.
“Seeking and make-believes about cartography; the insularity and graphic of the spiritual influence over recycled media created by myself.”
The artist has received the Distinction for Cuban National Culture (2005) and a prize at the “International Print Trienale” in Krakow, Poland (2003).
- National Museum. Palacio de Bellas Artes. Havana. Cuba
- MOMA. Museum of Modern Art. New York. USA; Thyssen – Bornemisza Contemporary Art Foundation, Anit,, Austria
- Gravura Museum. Curitiba. Brasil; Van Reekum Museum, Appeldorn, Holland
- Xylography’s Museum, Buenos Aires. Argentina; ASU. Arizona State University Museum of Arts. Tempe, Arizona. USA
- Fort Lauderdale’s Museum, USA; National Gallery of Art, Washington, USA; Televisa Cultural Foundation. México D.F. México
- Casa de las Américas. Havana. Cuba; Graphicstudio. Tampa. USA
- Museum of Contemporary Art. USF. Tampa. USA; Ninart. Cultural Center. México D.F. México
- Wolfgang Scheiner Collection, Germany; Puerto Rican Culture’s Institute,San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Fundacao National Library, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
- LUAG. Lehigh University Art Galleries. Bethlehem, P.A, USA
- Commercial European of Plastic arts, Bilbao, Spain; Brandywine Workshop. Philadelphia. USA
- Albany University, Albany, USA; Peter Norton Collection, Santa Mónica, Los Angeles, USA
- Polk Museum of Art, Lakeland, Florida, USA
- LAM. Latin Art Museum. California, Los Angeles, USA
- UECLAA, University of Essex, UK; Lowe Art Museum. Florida. USA
- Thelonius Monk, Foundation.
Miranda has given conferences about his work and Cuban art in numerous institutions and universities in Cuba, USAs, England, Finland, Mexico, Brazil, Spain and Switzerland. Also he has imparted xylography Workshops and participated as engraving and plastics arts jury in remarkable institutions of Cuba, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Switzerland and Brazil.